Friday, March 12, 2010
Portion sizes for food
I was at the grocery store looking for some chicken breast. As I pick up the package, it hit me at that moment. The size of the chicken breasts were huge! When I got home, I decide to weigh 2 of the breasts. One breast was 9oz and the other was 8oz. Well, the actual portion size we should be consuming is about 4oz. Wow! So, it's 124 calories in a 4oz chicken breast. I am thinking if I ate that 8oz chicken breast, I would be consuming 258 Calories from that one chicken breast. Add more calories to the chicken breast since I was going to sauteed it with some oil and give it a light lemon sauce on it. Aside from the 258+ calories, there were other items that were going to be on the dinner plate like rice and a vegetable. Wow all these calories in one sitting. Time to reduce the portion sizes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment